Churchfields Primary is a long established primary school within Chesterton and is integral to the local community. The children in our school are happy and well cared for.
Over recent years there have been many changes of leadership. In January 2012, Churchfields entered into a collaboration with the local high school, Chesterton Community Sports College. This was finalised in December 2013 and now Churchfields Primary School is a sponsored academy, part of the Collective Vision Trust.
The school received a "Good" Ofsted judgement in May 2013 and this was followed by an "Outstanding" judgment in 2015.
As a school, we all live up to the school motto of "being the best you can be."
Mrs Diane Beardsmore
Headteacher BA (Hons)
Key Leaders in School
Headteacher - Mrs Diane Beardsmore
Deputy Headteacher - Mrs C Pattison
EYFS and KS1 Leader - Mrs J Mawdsley
KS2 Leader - Miss H Smith
Curriculum Leader - Mr J Skupham
Use of Primary School PE Sport Funding 2016 - 2017
What is this funding and what is its purpose?
The government is providing additional funding during 2016 -17 to improve provision of Physical Education and sport in primary schools.
What are we using our funding for?
1. Certificates and medals
2. Developing our clubs provision even further as well as running more sports competitions and increasing participation in inter and intra school games
3. PE to be delivered by a specialist to all children from Reception – Year 6
4. Buying resources and equipment to develop sports provision and development of the PE curriculum
5. Transport to sporting events
6. Development of sports leaders
At Churchfields Primary School we are proud to provide a range of sports clubs and sporting experiences. It is important to us that our children are encouraged to live healthy, active lifestyles, they enjoy and participate in physical activity, they develop the confidence skills and attributes associated with good sportsmanship and leadership as well as be given opportunities to engage in competitive sport and coaching.
Examples of provision at our school during 2016-17 include:-
· weekly sport which includes, football, hockey, gymnastics, dance, multi- skills, rounders, games skills, basketball and athletics
· football, netball, tennis, athletics, gymnastics, indoor/outdoor games lunchtime and after school clubs
· weekly access to qualified PE teachers
· providing cover for teachers running tournaments with other schools.
· access to competitive sports which include matches, tournaments and festivals
· inter and intra school games
· sign posting pupils to holiday sporting activities